Friday, February 03, 2006

The Yarraville Four



Well, this is certainly no prize winning photo, but at least it affords some element of anonimity to the subjects herein and I couldn't make a whistle-stop tour of Melbourne without posting something on the blog!

This pic featuring (L-R) Ben (a young Kevin Bacon), Edgar (blinding us with his high Kochie forehead), Martina and Jacqui, was taken after a rollicking good night at The Blarney Stone in Yarraville.

The suburb has changed somewhat since I made the move to the South African side of the Nullabor, most notably there are at least a dozen pairs of shoes strung over the wires across the main street - from high heels to sneakers. We think it's got something to do with the Yarraville Festival this weekend - they're an arty bunch that mob. Disappointed that I won't be there for the big fiesta, chowing down on my usual 200 Greek doughnuts. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on some of these tasty little morsels in Perth, let me know, I'll pay handsomely!

LK, Shelley and Jacinta - thanks for breakfast and good luck with those textiles. Sorry I couldn't help with ideas, but it was 5.00 am Perth time and I only had one latte under my belt by that stage...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm doughnuts

mr tree hugger said...

hmm. funny.. the main thing i really remember is the donuts too.. those donuts were very oily we had like ten at a time!!!! but one of the best parts is the dog show.. that will get sum laughs.. yeah i live in yarraville. AND AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE OUTDOOR MOVIE SCREENING WILL BE!!!
if u have any knowledge on this matter.. please!!! tell me at .. average_redhead@hotmail.com or blog me at goodgollymissjolly

mr tree hugger said...

yeah.. thats me mr treehugger .. couldnt think of anything else at the time..
grace

mr tree hugger said...

oh yeah.. i noticed that 2.. their used to be only one pair a couple of weeks ago.. the ugly yellow sneakers.. i think some people have got a bit over excited.. ah and the blarney stone pub.. the old bluestone.. i loved that pub as a kid havent been for years though.. dammit!!

Cookster said...

Hi Grace - I hope the movie went well and I bet there was a reason for those shoes! The old bluestone, fyi, is no more. They knocked it down and built apartments there to attract people from the other side of the Westgate - very sad!

mr tree hugger said...

great!!! how come im always the last to know.. lve changed my adress to The_Consultant_Files or also known as MomentsofTranquility...
Grace